Sunday, February 18, 2024

Starting Another Year

In two days, I will start a new year of living the quad life. Looking back, this 38th year has had its highs and lows as well as times of learning.

One of the largest accomplishments was completing my autobiography and getting it published. I despise praising myself our saying I'm an example to follow. I am a fallen man and don't live as I should. However, I will gladly say what God has done in my life and how He uses every ability to serve Him.

With the accident anniversary this month, I have done two radio interviews and one television interview about my book. In all of them, I tried to make sure to point to God's glory and not my own. I wasn't fully successful, but it is was my goal. This year has also been a reason to remember God's Word.

In John 5, Jesus healed a man who had been "sick" for 38 years. The word sick is translated as infirmity, paralyzed, or sick depending on which translation you read. Whatever the exact term is, the man had a major physical ailment for 38 years. Jesus chose to heal him out of several others laying at the pool of Bethesda. He didn't know who Jesus was, let alone have faith in Him. After a confrontation with the Jewish leaders, the healed man had a second meeting with Jesus where He said to stop sinning to avoid a worse fate.

Living a large part of life with a physical ailment is hard, and I have learned this very well. As I recounted in my autobiography, looking only at problems resulted with me thinking life wasn't worth living. However, looking solely to God, we can see how He uses each person and that life is precious in His sight. As I now enter another year, I look forward to seeing what God brings me to do and how I can serve Him.

2 comments:

  1. Joel, what tv show were you on? Can we still find a copy of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it myself or know anyone that has. It's apparently only on a local channel.

      Delete