Sunday, March 24, 2024

Entertaining Week

Most of the time, I am content to entertain myself by watching videos online, reading, or playing a simulator of some sort. This week, I ventured out to other sources of entertainment.

Several years ago, a movie came out called "Genesis: Paradise Lost." It used computer generated content to depict creation week and had several interviews with creation scientists that covered scientific evidence as well as theological concerns. As a follow-up, the next movie is called "The Ark and the Darkness." It was in select theaters on March 20 and 21, I got tickets for the 21st.

My regular day-time caregiver was also interested in going, so she agreed to stay for the evening. At 4:20, when we're usually wrapping up for the day, we pulled out of the driveway and went to Des Moines. It has been years since I have been in a movie theater and, after finding supper, we were in our seats before 7:00.

Wheelchair spots haven't changed, I was still in the third row from the front. However, all the other chairs were leather recliners with elevating legs. It looked pretty comfortable as nearly every seat filled and the movie began. Sitting for the next two hours, it was fun seeing the big screen, but I froze in the cold theater, even with my coat over me.

It wasn't quite what I expected, but it was still good. The CGI was well utilized to depict possible life before the flood as well as some of the flood and ark. Dispersed amongst everything was again extensive discussion on scientific evidence for the global flood. It then transitioned into prophecy in the New Testament that used the flood as an example for future judgment. We were back home again by 10:30 and I was ready to get back in bed and warm-up under the blankets.

Last night, my parents and I went to a local high school play, "To Kill a Mockingbird." The classic book has been placed on the "do not read" shelf by some political groups as being racist. However, it's good to see the students, and our friend's son, depict the story on stage.

This week looks to be another busy one in the quad life with teaching and medical testing. Hopefully all goes well and I look forward to working with more kids.

1 comment: