Sunday, March 10, 2024

What to Watch?

As I've grown in knowledge of God's Word, I pay closer attention to what I do and what I watch. Therefore, when I am flat and watching YouTube, I prioritize Christian teaching and apologetics. That doesn't mean I completely cut out items just for entertainment, but I don't make it the majority. This week has been a conundrum on what to watch and where to prioritize time.

First, Answers in Genesis has been having a conference in Australia called Living in Babylon. It is unique in that it is a four-day conference, but each day is in a different city. Each session is streamed live on YouTube for anyone to view, if you have the link. Watching the website as links change, I have three of the four sessions in my watch list, each four-hour session.

Second, Dr. John Macarthur's church, Grace Community Church in California, first had a conference for their international training followed by the Shepherd's Conference. As you may have guessed, these have also been streamed live on YouTube. The conference is for pastors and had an in-person audience of 5000 men from all over the US and several other countries.

Both sources are excellent for theological learning and preparing for preaching and evangelism in modern times. I have been rapidly building my watch list, but some of the teachings only stay available for a day. Therefore, I try to watch what I can while it's still listed. Between the two conferences, they have around 45 hours of viewing time.

Attending a pastor's or apologetics conference would be a great opportunity. Unfortunately, living the quad life makes it very challenging. I'm very thankful I can at least watch the same teaching that's available in person, but just not all at once.

Tonight, I am scheduled to preach at a local church, my first sermon since October. During that service, I had trouble remembering words and part of my message. It was only ten days after surgery, but I still have difficulty thinking clearly when speaking sometimes. I pray it goes well, but that will be next week's topic.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your sermon. Hope it goes well and you remember everything.

    ReplyDelete