Sunday, March 17, 2024

Vacation Week

I have said before, I am primarily a home body. I am perfectly content to stay around the house or go to attractions and events nearby that don't require much travel. I do enjoy seeing new areas, but hotels are hard for me to use and managing caregivers while away is challenging. Therefore, I haven't been anywhere overnight since my last year at CHAMP Camp in 2019. My parents, however, do like going out on excursions.

This past week was spring break for many schools in the area. My college intern caregiver, Brenda, wasn't planning to do anything during break and volunteered to stay with me in the evenings if my parents wanted to get out. It may have taken 2-3 seconds for them to happily say yes, so my parents went out during spring break.

They left early Tuesday morning, before I got up, and returned Saturday afternoon less than 30 minutes before Brenda was scheduled to leave. That meant Brenda worked four evenings in a row as well as the regular ten-hour shift. This allowed me to have 24-hour care without my parents for over four-and-a-half days.

It has been a busy time for me in various projects, which means I didn't do much out of the ordinary. However, it did allow me to bike five days in a row and be on "my own" again. Mom and I planned meals before she left so that Brenda and I mainly just needed to thaw frozen meat a few times and put together whatever was planned. Just the two of us didn't eat much, which made for plenty of leftover choices for Saturday night.

Brenda will be graduating soon and plans to return to her home in Arizona to continue her education. Therefore, these extended times of freedom will soon be gone again. I'm thankful for the time we do get and the relaxation it gives to everyone.

It looks like another busy week ahead which started by preaching this morning. The quad life continues through every day and I'm thankful for the blessings God has given.

No comments:

Post a Comment