Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Talkative November

Blogging late on a Wednesday means one thing, another busy week. It seems like I just keep getting further behind the more time passes.

Monday was Reformation Day, better know as Halloween. It was a slow year this time with only handing out 35 packages of goods. I gave out 3-4 pieces of candy with a gospel tract geared for kids. One beggar said he remembered the tract from last year, so I guess they are looking at them!

Both yesterday and today had talks at different schools. Yesterday was three classes of second graders and today was EMS college students. Each class was unique and I love getting to talk with them. One boy wanted to know where I live so he could come visit. That was a first, but I said he needed to ask his parents first. Maybe I should expect a ring at the door after school someday.

Going from eight-year-olds to adults is a bit of a change, but I think I managed. The class seemed to pick up on everything pretty well and were comfortable in asking questions. One wondered if I have trouble with blood clots since I don't move. Thankfully I don't, but I can't say it's one I've thought of before. I haven't heard of it from other quads, but I should maybe ask around and see.

Along with speaking schedules, it's also a new month, which means getting billing out to my clients and making new paperwork. I finally finished this evening, about a day later than usual. My hours for last month were double what I had earlier this year, so it was a very nice change. This month will likely be the same with an ongoing project in progress.

I'm always thankful to be busy, I've had a lot of slow times that I know to appreciate it. I never know quite what God has planned, but it makes for some interesting times. Next week doesn't look as full for outings and the quad life should be updated earlier. More projects await, and little up time to get them accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment