Sunday, March 26, 2017

STOP

I don't know about everyone else, but always being a passenger in a vehicle means I get to look around more. However, since I typically just go to the same destinations all the time, I don't see much of anything new. One I do pay particular interest to is stop signs.

Several years ago I read an article that said when you see a stop sign. think of it as saying a Special Time Of Prayer. Therefore, I've been getting into the habit of praying when we get to these signs. When I do my weekly bike rides, we go past two signs on the way in and the same when departing.

When driving around a hospital in downtown Des Moines, it's not too much of a challenge to think of items for prayer. I've been a patient several times and know what it's like, so that is a common concern. Doctors and nurses can't do anything without the great physician's healing hand that He gave everyone, so they are another source for a sign.

As we pull out of the rehab parking lot, the view is directly on to the building of my insurance provider. I'm thankful to report answered prayer in that my nursing should be covered when my policy switches on April 1. They may change that decision after it goes into effect, but I can give thanks for current news at least.

For the past few years that I have been watching for traffic signs, it has really made me think of all the things to bring up in prayer. Some locations turn into blocks and blocks of communication, but I think it's a good habit to get into.

This is something that's easy to do in the quad life, but anyone can get into a S.T.O.P. prayer time. If you're driving though, the cars behind you may start praying you move. As we finish the last week of March, I'm looking forward to spring coming in full force and see what the new month will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment