Sunday, December 2, 2018

Winter Weather Woes

The calendar says winter doesn't start for another three weeks, but you can't tell by looking outside. Last week Sunday, church was cancelled due to a winter storm, and this weekend isn't looking much better.

Just to my east, a few towns received 15-17 inches of snow in a few hours, We only got about 2-3, but it still ended with my night nurse not able to come and Monday's day nurse coming late. Now this weekend started with rain and wind most of Saturday with another inch or two of snow predicted today.

Weather has different affects on people. Some love the snow and say it's a reminder of God washing us clean and whiter than snow. I do agree that watching snow fall can be pretty, but it often results in my caregivers not being able to come. It also serves as a reminder of cold conditions outside and why I hibernate during winter.

When I visited the Ark Encounter in October, the first level had sounds like a raging storm outside. I have experienced strong storms that may last 30 minutes or more, but can't imagine what it would have been like for at least 40 days and nights.

I have read a few places about the climate changes from Noah's flood would have setup conditions for the ice age to follow. Blizzards like Iowa has received would have seemed very tranquil to what likely happened in this same area during that time period.

Summer storms or winter weather, each should remind us of God's creative power. I believe the world is still stabilizing since these events and should expect changes yet to come. I look forward to a time of little to no snow, but that's likely going to happen in this quad life.

Whatever is predicted and then actually happens this week, I will be thankful I live in a warm home and that I can choose to stay inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment