Sunday, December 23, 2018

Good News Infection

This has been one of the weeks of unexpected times. Some have been good and others not so much.

On Tuesday, my nursing agency's supervisor came for her regular 60-day re-certification check. Part of her routine is checking my skin and tracking progress of wounds. I was thankful to hear that all three are smaller than the last visit. It's nice to verify that all the flat time is beneficial.

For the last few weeks, I have been noticing a foul stench coming from my lungs (not my breath). I thought it was time to get checked out before Christmas and saw my doctor Wednesday. He put me on a general antibiotic until test results returned. The one he chose is one that I've reacted to in the past, but thankfully I haven't had any problems. If this blog goes silent for a few weeks, then I would guess trouble came later.

Results came back Friday with infection of MRSA around my trach button. He stopped the original med and started me on another for ten days. This is starting to remind me of the scenario from September. I'm praying that I'll skip the hospital stay this time and just finish everything as scheduled.

This wasn't the plan I had for the week leading to Christmas, but I'm thankful for the news of improvement and for help for problematic bodies. I'm most thankful though for the gift of the child in the manger.

Comparing this quad life to God's moral law, I know that I don't deserve the many blessings I have been given. Thankfully for me, and everyone who believes in Him, God sent His son as a child to earth. Through His sacrifice and conquering of death, we may have the free gift of salvation.

It is increasingly rare anymore to hear "Merry Christmas" and the true meaning of Christmas. We need to be careful this week to take time to remember Jesus' birth and that everyone needs to truly repent of sins and take the gift we've been given.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for healing of your infection. Merry Christmas to you and your family. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete