Sunday, March 10, 2019

Urgent Time

I've heard some people say they get a feeling something is about to happen. However, I notice the thought is often expressed after an event occurs. For probably about a year I keep feeling a large change is coming, but can't really give a reason why.

In several places in Scripture, we're reminded that time is short and that this life is like a blink of an eye. I've been having more of an urgency to get things complete and the last few weeks have been doing work on my book not only while sitting, but also when laying flat. It could be why my eyes have been sore some nights, but I'll ignore that for now.

I like the progress I'm making and going through old memories. When I get to a point that I say it's complete, I'm not sure what to do from there. Thoughts of publishing it have gone through my mind, but I don't see why anyone would be very interested in it. I could see going through the effort and expense of the publishing process, then maybe selling ten copies. However, the one person that has read all of it so far says he thinks people would be interested. I think it's rather boring, but I lived it.

Aiden and I tour camp
Through social media, I've connected with a few families that have kids with high level spinal cord injuries like myself. One of them, Aiden, lives in Indiana and I got to meet him in person in 2015. On Wednesday, Aiden was at school and suddenly went into cardiac arrest. After two hours of CPR and being air lifted to the hospital, his parents have been waiting for answers and test results. As of this writing, he did open his eyes and interact with his mom, but is having multiple complications and uncertain days ahead.

I also read this week about another country in Europe expanding euthanasia laws to now include children as young as six. With the way America has been going recently, I wonder when, not if, it will become part of regular "healthcare" in this country. Thankfully, I got my regular hours restored in January through another policy exception in state funding. It keeps getting closer that it soon will be more expensive to keep me home than in a facility.

After 34 years, I know God has given me an exceptional long quad life that few have experienced. As most people, I would like to leave something for people to remember me and possibly be helped by the life I've been given. When my time on this earth is complete, I do not know, but want to use what I can.

This week, I'm scheduled to start getting back out in the world again. With my two main caregivers sick, I'll wait to see what actually happens. Until then, enjoy the present of today and hope to be back for the next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment