Sunday, March 20, 2022

Reading and Preparing

In my nightly Bible reading, I finished the slow study of the New Testament and have returned to reading from cover to cover. A few nights ago, I was in Genesis 18 where God visited Abraham just prior to destroying Sodom and Gomorrah.

I read from the Evidence Bible which includes commentary by evangelist Ray Comfort. A comment in this chapter wondered how Abraham knew the three visitors were God in flesh and two angels. It's a question I have had as well and can only speculate.

First, the Bible records in multiple places that no one can see God and live. Therefore, this person Abraham spoke with likely would have been Jesus, as many theologians have also concluded. That still doesn't answer the question how He was recognized as someone special and not just a random traveler.

Did the three somehow exude complete holiness that anyone would recognize? Later on, Lot recognized the two angels as unique, but nobody else in Sodom did. Therefore, perhaps their identity was only visible to followers of God. These are questions that will never get a complete answer while living in the body, but are still ones to ponder.

The more important question is one we can, and need to, answer. As we interact with the public, does anyone recognize God in us? Do we act as the world and engage in the same interests and sinful actions as everyone else or do we stand apart from the world?

On my YouTube channel, I have been releasing two videos a week. Tuesday is Bible reading and teaching with Friday consisting of random talking points while I try to drive a truck. With a busy week ahead, I recorded, edited, and scheduled the next two week's worth of Bible lessons. Making truck videos is easier, but I want to get priorities straight if I can't keep up with the schedule.

I know I act like the world more often than one set apart. This week, I will try to be careful to not be of the world while interacting in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment