Sunday, May 15, 2022

Feedback Trouble

It has been another week of juggling responsibilities and trying to keep everything accomplished, but it doesn't always go well. Problems with technology and debating theology only add to the challenges.

I am very thankful that I can continue to use the FES bike at home to exercise my legs and help improve circulation. Starting each bike session requires my setting to be downloaded from the internet, The conclusion of the ride is then uploaded to a database for long-term evaluation. Recently, my Monday bike report showed I have officially ridden 500 sessions for over 1650 miles. However, that may be the last correct report for a while.

My small town started offering high-speed internet about a year ago. I got it last fall and have somewhat liked the service, but it is new and has some bugs to work out. Just over a week ago, a technician came to try to fix slow browsing speed we were experiencing. His work helped, but the bike will no longer connect to the wireless network. I have worked with multiple technicians for several hours, but without any progress. I can still bike without internet connection, but it means my settings can't be adjusted and my sessions can't be recorded. One affordable possible solution still exists, but I will need to find hardware to test the theory yet.

This week, two large web projects also officially started. For one, I have been communicating with the site owner for a few weeks and was eager to get started. However, I keep finding unexpected issues that delay starting on it. I feel bad telling the client I have more areas to solve that start, but I hope to get started and make significant progress soon.

Next week, I am also scheduled to preach at a church in the Des Moines area. I was very reluctant to agree to preach as I know the denomination and congregation have different views on the Bible than me. I did end up saying I would preach with the thought that maybe what God has given me would be helpful to the congregation. I sent my service material to the worship team a few days ago which sparked some lengthy message exchanges on uncertainty on my message and its acceptance for the congregation. I am still going to give the message, but I'm praying more earnestly that God uses me to help teach His Word in truth.

Starting tomorrow, I also have the house to myself for a few days while my parents take a much needed vacation. It has been a busy quad life that looks to continue for a few weeks, but I'm thankful God has continued to help me stay active and be used for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment