Sunday, July 17, 2022

Job Prospect

Sometimes, I look around and dream of possibilities of how life could be different. Last week, I had a few minutes to fill between other activities and started looking around. I wish I hadn't, but the results did get my mind spinning in realms of "what if."

While on Facebook, I saw an advertisement from Answers in Genesis talking about job openings. If I ever was able to work anywhere again, this would be high on the list of organizations I would consider. I scrolled through the list of 102 openings and browsed the headlines. Most of them were seasonal needs for summer, but some were permanent positions in various departments. One opening near the end of the list caught my eye.

The title said it was an entry position for a content manager for the company's web presence. Clicking on it for further detail, it was like I was reading my own qualifications. Required education was a 2-year degree, which I have, and experience with HTML and CSS. The person would work with a content management system to get videos, pictures, and text on websites, social media, and various electronic platforms. In short, the exact thing I do for my clients already. However, the position is for full-time work, including some weekends, in northern Kentucky.

It has been nearly 20 years since I last worked full-time in a regular office environment. With the trouble I have with pressure sores and other issues, I know I can't physically work that much anymore. Also, due to using my dad's employer's insurance as well as Medicaid through Iowa, I am extremely limited in what I can earn. For example, if I lost my caregiver funding through Medicaid, that cost alone would be around $200 per day ($6,000/month).

I would love the opportunity to allow my parents to be free from having to provide so much for me, and be less reliant on government support. Unfortunately, the system basically requires me to stay just as I am with doing very little paid work. 

In any case, it's sometimes fun to dream and wonder. God has given me the quad life right where I am and I will serve Him wherever He leads me.

1 comment: