Sunday, February 12, 2023

Scheduling and Thinking

Sometimes, I get ideas of various things I would like to do, and then think about how to manage time. Then real-world time and activities, not just those in my head, also get the same issues, if they happen.

As most years around this time, I get the spring itch to be out and active again. Iowa has had some warm (for February) days and seeing clear skies and sun especially makes me want to be out. I have contacted several of my regular elementary school visits and have two on my calendars. Two more have expressed interest, and one that I have been visiting for many years hasn't responded. Friday, I also mailed one of the college classes I normally see in spring to look at scheduling.

All this sounds like good progress to an active spring, but then I remind myself that only a third of potential places are actually confirmed. With every calendar spot filled, it also makes other additions harder to place. I knew this would be an issue, but my caregiver schedule is also a challenge to work with. Compared to 2022, this year is much better with nursing coverage. I am very thankful for this, but I only get one full day per week to use.

Not all of my caregivers are comfortable with driving me, or allowed by our vehicle insurance. Therefore, two of my three daytime helpers mean I can't schedule outings on their shifts. That leaves Tuesday afternoons, Thursday mornings, and all of Friday available to schedule. My one caregiver that drives also continues to recover from brain surgery in 2021 and gets tired easily. Due to this, I try not to schedule anything two days in a row. School visits are one item, I also need to start looking more at getting doctor's appointments made and working with their constraints.

Living the quad life has challenges from multiple directions, but I am extremely thankful God has blessed me with the ability to get out and be active. Whatever He allows me to do, that is what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment