Thursday, January 7, 2016

Busy Year

It's late on Thursday and this is the first time I've been able to write. So far, 2016 has been a busy year.

One of my long-term web projects went live to the public Monday. Unfortunately, Monday is also my day for getting church sermons online. Combined with getting monthly invoices out, Monday's workload spilled over in to Tuesday.

Unfortunately, the new site encountered some problems that had to be fixed. That took up more time and as of this moment, mostly everything is finished and working correctly. The second large project received final touches today and will hopefully go live in the next day or two.

Finishing large projects is a nice feeling of accomplishment. These two had a few challenges to tackle, but I'm glad they are now complete. Hopefully I can continue to use these new skills and apply them to future projects as well. However, not all of my time has been spent with work.

In September I went to my friend's commitment ceremony as best man and met a few of his friends. One in particular, Robin, has me making a welcome commitment of time as well. Nearly every evening since our friend's ceremony, Robin and I have been talking together via electronic communication. In mid October we officially became a dating couple.

We spend anywhere from one to two, or more, hours talking about everything under the sun. In these short few months, we have grown very fond of each other and find our love for one another increasing. I joked about finding a girlfriend, but gave up seriously looking several years ago. As I go throughout my busy day, I find myself looking forward to our time together more and more and want to sneak quick breaks for updates on how her day is going.

With just one week in, 2016 has been an eventful year. I don't know what the quad life will be like in the coming weeks and months, but I look forward to what God has planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment