Sunday, February 13, 2022

Work a Month in a Week

Have you ever neglected to thank God for some of the gifts He has given? It's easy to do when everything is going well, but I try to remember to consider the blessings I have and give thanks. One of those things I can easily forget is work. Most months, I have about 3-4 hours of paid work for web development with the majority of the time from one client. It isn't much, but it is at least something and I've been trying to remember to be thankful for it as I calculate my time each month.

Sometimes, as you give adoration for what you have, more is given. For a couple of my clients, I have been urging them to make some major improvements for a few years. Two finally agreed to make the big updates I've been encouraging, but both came this week. In addition to that, I also interviewed to start with another volunteer site. Therefore, I have worked more this past week than I typically do in a month.

I would much rather be doing something productive than have an idle stick. However, my schedule of sitting upright for 45 minutes 3-4 times a day hasn't changed. It has been a balance of prioritizing time to what project, but everything has gone well. One site is nearing completion and the other two won't take much longer. I am very thankful for the increase in responsibility, but would need to adjust other projects if it happened for a longer period.

With trouble having my day caregiver hours covered, I've been thankful nights have mostly been filled. Unfortunately, my main night nurse missed Thursday evening due to medical concerns. Now, he will be off for up to two weeks. My other night assistant normally just does 1-2 nights a week with me and has other clients. With February already scheduled, I don't know how many more she could do for me.

Living the quad life can mean circumstances change quickly. Just when I thought my parents could start getting a break from always helping me, it will go back to needing further assistance again. As the Bible says in a number of places, "It came to pass." That means the good and the bad times will not be permanent. I pray this week goes well with no more major changes, but God is in control whatever comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment