Sunday, June 12, 2022

Week of Distraction

Sometimes, I have plans to get certain things accomplished in a day. When it's time for bed, I remember all the items I didn't finish. This week has been one of those times of intending to do more than I got finished.

I preached this morning, giving the same message I gave at a different congregation two weeks ago. The message was quite familiar and in my mind, but I still wanted to review it a few times. When I went to look at it late in the evening, I always felt hot and tired and convinced myself to try the next day. Therefore, I didn't look at it again until Friday night for the first time.

One of my web projects is going very well, but I'm too the point that I need more information from the site owner. It has been a rush project, but now I feel like I am getting behind on it. Hopefully, I can get it finished by the projected deadline, but that will depend on getting material and when I can sit.

Also this week, I have been a very hard time focusing on anything, as I'm noticing in this entry. It seems like as soon as I'm sitting and can work on something, that's when my family or someone wants to chat

or get help with something. By the time they are finished, a third to half of my 45-minute time period is up. I don't like starting on a project and quitting after only fifteen minutes of work, so I end up doing superfluous items like Scripture typing or looking at a game that's easier to do while upright (like my airline).

No matter what is going on in the quad life, I try to be sure not to be so distracted that I neglect God's Word. I'm thankful I got in the habit of daily reading slots more than a decade ago. I heard once that if you get in a routine before you turn 30, you are likely to keep at it (good or bad). My head may get distracted to other thoughts, but I feel like I have missed part of the day if I'm late at reading for some reason. Hopefully this new week will get better with less distraction, but I will try to push through whatever comes.

2 comments: