Sunday, October 22, 2023

Week in Bed

It has been a really slow week here with hardly getting out of bed. As I poke at the keyboard, I'm still not real sure what to record for the past seven days.

Sunday afternoon, I finally started feeling back to normal without constantly falling asleep. However, I still had several occasions where I was nodding at what I was watching or reading and a lot of time passed for just blinking my eyes.

With extra tubes to allow my body to heal, I didn't venture to get out of bed. However, Thursday's daytime caregiver called off ill. Therefore, my parents and I took off for lunch to see leaves and get groceries. It took dad some guessing and hunting, but he managed to get a pair of jeans on me and keep everything straight. It was good to practice for getting me up today.

This morning was my last scheduled preaching engagement for the year. It was the tenth message I gave in 2023. This year hasn't been as busy as the last two years, but it has been a good number of engagements. My home church has, and does, had a couple interim pastors that I wanted to hear their messages. I enjoy preaching, but I also like it when I can hear and learn from other pastors.

Another week has passed and I still don't have a decision from Facebook. Wednesday, I received a message saying I still needed to appeal the suspension. Clicking the link brought me to the same screen saying I already appealed. Now I'm wondering if I missed something and didn't submit everything I needed. Of course, no actual person is available at Facebook to ask questions. I may be setting up a temporary account that could end up as permanent.

Web work has been really slow this month, but it has been okay for allowing for medical needs. That is everything in the quad life this week, not much other than continuing to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment