Sunday, October 29, 2023

When is the End?

This week, Facebook officially decided to delete my accounts, both the one I've had for years and the new one I tried to make. The second account was cited as duplicate or fraudulent, even though I used a different name and email. My long standing account was deleted due to a reason I won't even write. To say the least, it was not something I did. Either my account was used by someone else, or the criteria for judging are very different than my understanding.

Therefore, with my free time away from social media, I have taken more time to watch some current news items. With Israel under attack, many people have wondered if we are now seeing the end times happening. My quick answer is yes we are, but also not really.

When Jesus ascended back to heaven, He said the end would be coming soon. Therefore, the end has been coming closer with every passing year, week, and even second. In that sense, yes we are living in the end times. The real question is, how far are we on the timeline?

Pretty much every generation has thought they would be the last one before Christ's return. Paul had to encourage some people in his time to go work because they were sitting around waiting for Jesus to come. It has been about 2,000 years since then and some still try to predict the exact time and day, only to get it wrong.

Several books of the Bible give warnings of what to watch for, and to be ready. Some of them include wars in Jerusalem, as well as earthquakes in various places, plagues, and people being deceived to the truth of God's Word. All of these exist, but they need to continue to get worse than they are today.

We are getting closer to Christ's return, and we always need to be ready by repenting of sin and trusting in Jesus alone for salvation, not by works. At some point, either our own end will come or Christ will return. Either way, let us continue to serve however we are enabled through whatever comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment