Sunday, December 31, 2023

A Year Done, Another Ahead

It is the last day of 2023, we have traveled around the sun and had some fun, as well as challenging times for all. Looking at 2024, some say it could be a year to abhor.

This past year, I was thankful to be able to return to using a trach button again and to finally produce my autobiography. For the most part, I also had nursing shifts covered with only one extended period without help. God has blessed my year again and allowed me to serve Him in various ways.

As with any future time period, we need to remember that God is in control, even though we may not understand why some things happen. However, we may give estimates on what will be in store for 2024.

I recently saw a report about low marriage rates and declining US population. That means jobs will continue to remain unfilled and as more people retire, openings will only increase. Therefore, we'll see more jobs turn to automation and even more self-checkouts at retailers.

It was almost four years ago, but 2020 should still be firm in most people's memory. However, some news media and commercials twist reality by saying things that happened weren't true. Such as being made to get a vaccine, or not work, and threats for those who didn't receive at least one. Now, it's starting to look like lock downs may happen again and even more restrictions for being in public.

In the US, it is a presidential election year. Already, one state has tried to fix the ballot by not allowing a current front-runner to be listed. If restrictions are put in place again, mailing ballots will be highly encouraged, which allows for easy manipulation.

For me, I have a few ideas in mind. Last week, I heard about a course I can take to improve my preaching. It is a college-level close from a school that does still adhere to the Bible. It's also affordable, so the main question is time requirement. I hope to be able to do the course, but just need to balance a few life options.

I'm also having more trouble with my back twisting, either due to physical problems or chair trouble. That needs to be another project to continue on with the new year.

As the quad life continues, I will plan to keep posting each week. May God bless your year ahead and remember to look to Him in whatever comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment